5.18.2010

Chicken And Artichoke Cacciatore

Alright, I know, I have been neglecting this blog a little! So, I decided today that I would post the most wonderful dinner recipe you will EVER make. I promise. You know those meals that are so good, that you groan after every bite? lol. Well, here you go....


Chicken And Artichoke Cacciatore

4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
four seasoned with salt and pepper for dredging
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced (or I always crush mine)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sherry, optional ( you want to use it, trust me!!)

** A pan that goes from cook top to oven makes this dish a lot easier, I highly recommend it!**

In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and brown over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts, crushed tomatoes, garlic, herbs, pepper, and mushrooms. Stir then remove from heat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Pour sherry over top and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve over pasta.

....and I apologize, I didn't take a picture. I was too busy groaning. :) Enjoy!!

2 comments:

The Hoths said...

thanks for the recipe. I made this for dinner tonight, it will be ready in 10 mins. Can't wait to eat it!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you liked it!! :)